Bring your family by Dependent Visa

What is depent visa ?

The Dependant Visa is essentially a relocation visa for the immediate family members (spouse and unmarried children below 18 years of age) of foreign nationals who hold a valid Hong Kong visa for employment, investment, training or study in Hong Kong or who are permanent residents in Hong Kong.

Can Dependant Visa holders work in Hong Kong?

  • Dependants of the following persons are eligible to take up employment in Hong Kong

  • Hong Kong permanent residents

  • Persons who are not subject to a limit of stay (i.e. residents with the right to land or on unconditional stay)

  • Persons who have been admitted for employment (as professionals, for investment to establish/join in business or for training) and

  • Entrants under the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme or the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme

  • Dependants of persons who have been admitted into Hong Kong to study are not eligible to take up employment in Hong Kong unless prior permission from the Director of Immigration has been obtained

  • Dependant Visa holders need not apply for a separate Employment Visa in order to work in Hong Kong

Can Dependant Visa holders study in Hong Kong?

Yes. All dependants are eligible to study in Hong Kong and do not require prior permission from the Director of Immigration. Dependant Visa holders need not apply for a separate student visa in order to study in Hong Kong.

Permanent residence in Hong Kong

If you have been granted a Dependants Visa and you have resided in Hong Kong for a continuous period of at least seven years you are eligible to apply for Permanent Residence, commonly referred to as “Right of Abode” in Hong Kong, subject to satisfying the requisite criteria.

8 views0 comments

© 2018 Kairos Career. All rights reserved by PPMG ASIA LTD.

  • Siyah Instagram Simge
  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Siyah LinkedIn Simge